Wednesday, December 5, 2012

China Glaze Summer Neons Collection Swatches


I'm finally read overview of the Summer Neons Collection by China Glaze! Make sure you click "Read More" below to see the swatches!


I know it's cold outside where I live, but I just can't get rid of neon nail polish during the winter. They are so bright, fun, and cheerful! This collection was for the summer of 2012. Is it just me or are there a lot of pink and red tones in this collection? Don't get me wrong.. they are all amazingly gorgeous, but I feel like China Glaze could have made a much more diverse collection. What I do love about these polishes is that almost all of them have shimmer! That's really different compared to normal neons that most brands have. They are usually chalky... dull... flat... Not these! Boom! Bam! Wam! Right in your face neons that have dimension!

The application for all of these polishes were generally amazing! They all applied in two coats without any undies. Usually when you wear a neon it takes 3, 4 or even 5 coats for it to be opaque on its own or you need to use white underneath it which, in my opinion, makes them look a little odd sometimes. So I was really happy to find out these applied so smooth and opaque. 

To read more about each polish and to see more photos of each, please click the photo or click the name of the polish.



Under The Boardwalk is a pink or purple neon jelly. There is two versions of this polish floating around. Be sure to read the full blog post of this polish to read more about that if you are concerned.


Surfin' For Boys is a red coral shimmer.


Splish Splash is a medium blue shimmer.


Ride The Waves is a medium blue jelly.


Pink Plumeria is a light pink shimmer.


Orange You Hot? is an orange shimmer.


Love's A Beach is a fuchsia pink shimmer.


I'm With The Lifeguard is a lime green shimmer.


Sun-kissed is a highlighter yellow with golden shimmer.


Hang-Ten Toes is a blue toned pink shimmer.


Flirty Tankini is a coral shimmer.


Beach Cruise-r is a purple pink shimmer.

Overall, I absolutely love the whole collection, but there are a lot of similar pink polishes. Me, being the polish collector I am, I had to have them all! My favorite pinks of the collection are Hang-Ten Toes and Beach Cruise-r. Also, I definitely recommend picking up Sun-Kissed and I'm With The Lifeguard! They are amazing neons and since they only need two coats to be opaque, they are the definite winners of this collection. Orange You Hot? is also a really nice orange that I will be using frequently because it's so bright. All of these polishes are fabulous, so it's mostly personal preference with the pink polishes, but if you don't own any good neons be sure to check out this collection for any of the other China Glaze neons because these are really nice and opaque in only 2 coats at the max (which you shouldn't) you'll need 3 coats.


I purchased this collection from head2toebeauty.com for $3.25 a polish. If you don't want to purchase from there you can also purchase them online on Amazon. You can get the whole collection, or the 8 piece set.


4 comments:

  1. I have this whole collection and I wore a few this last summer. I put them in the back of my Helmer for winter, but now I have fallen in love with them all again thanks to your beautiful manicures! I think I will be wearing a few of these way before the weather gets warm again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe thanks. I can never give them up for the winter. I just leave them out all year round so I can wear them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So which polishes were your favorite/would you suggest out of this collection ovverall?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for reminding me! I can't believe I forgot to add that. I added it near the bottom, but my favorites were Hang-Ten Toes, Beach Cruise-r, Sun-Kissed, I'm With The Lifeguard, and Orange You Hot?. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure you are commenting via Disqus. It's much easier for me to respond to comments that way, and it gives you more options to sign in and leave comments. If you aren't commenting via Disqus you may not get a response. Thank you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...