Monday, October 8, 2012

Del Sol Ruby Slipper Color Changing Nail Polish




Here's the other amazing nail polish that my sister picked up for me when she was on vacation! This is Del Sol Ruby Slipper and it's a super pretty glitter polish that changes from clear silver glitter to bright red glitter when it is presented with sunlight. 

When I first tried my previous color changing polish (Del Sol Superhero) I figured it was obvious that it would be capable of turning from blue to purple. No big deal.. But when I saw Ruby Slipper I was pretty skeptical.  How can a clear polish turn bright red? So I tried it and was absolutely blown away! It was so vividly red and it changed so quickly!


As you can see, if you're not a fan of clear polishes that reveal the white tips of your nails or if you have yellowed or stained nails, this polish might not be for you because indoors the polish is clear. I personally don't mind it, but I know some people don't enjoy polishes that are like this.

All of these pictures are three coats of Ruby Slipper with no top coat. You can purchase this Del Sol nail polish straight from their website http://www.delsol.com or you can purchase it on Amazon here.


Check out the polish changing on my nails!



4 comments:

  1. Just out of curiosity, are you not supposed to use a top coat or did you just not put one on there? I really like this one but I'm not a huge fan of the glitter texture without a top coat which is why I ask.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will work with top coat. :) It's the UV light that makes it change. I just don't apply top coat for my swatches so people are able to see what the finish of the polish looks like.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I know! I couldn't believe that it got so vibrant red!

      Delete

Please make sure you are commenting via Disqus. It's much easier for me to respond to comments that way, and it gives you more options to sign in and leave comments. If you aren't commenting via Disqus you may not get a response. Thank you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...