Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Gradient Houndstooth Nails


I've always wanted to do houndstooth nails, but I always failed miserably because I always screwed up the print. Thanks to Chelsea King at Get Nailed I finally was able to do it without messing it up by watching her tutorial! I wanted to spice it up a bit and use a gradient! I'm not sure where my obsession with gradients has come from, but I've been doing them quite a lot lately. When I first decided to do the gradient I thought 'dang this is going to be horrendous' but I figured out a way to do it! I put the gradient on my nails half way through doing the houndstooth print. It's a little bit difficult to explain so I recommend watching my video tutorial below because that will make it much easier to understand.


For the white base underneath the gradient I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White On. The gradient and the pattern was done using acrylic paint and a small paint brush. The gradient was applied with small pieces of sponge. The top coat I used was Butter London's Hardwear P.D. Quick Coat. I absolutely love this top coat and I seriously wish it didn't cost $18 a bottle!


Check out my video tutorial below to recreate this yourself!



4 comments:

  1. I love this! It's so colorful and the houndstooth print looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen your video.As a Professional Beautician with my 15 years
    experience, I recommend you to use this gel nail polish. You will different something here. No damaging effect and lasts over 2 weeks and dries instantly. May you like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just came across this tutorial and it's fantastic! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure you are commenting via Disqus. It's much easier for me to respond to comments that way, and it gives you more options to sign in and leave comments. If you aren't commenting via Disqus you may not get a response. Thank you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...