Sunday, October 7, 2012

Breast Cancer Awareness Month Nail Art


What a great way to celebrate my 100th blog post! In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month! I've had tons of people ask if I could do nails in honor of this month and of course I couldn't pass it up and was already thinking of designs before I was even asked. I wanted to keep it cute and simple. 

I obviously had to include the color pink and the ribbons and I thought it would be a great idea to use some rhinestones! I was originally going to do the whole ribbon in rhinestones but that's A LOT. I like to use mine sparingly. (You can purchase rhinestones here on Amazon.) So I opted just to do the tops of the ribbons and I love the way it turned out. I didn't want to add too much to the other nails because I didn't want them to take away from the ribbons and rhinestones so I just made some abstract ribbons in a few different shades of pink and white.


The base color I used was Sinful Colors Easy Going, it's a super light pink cream polish. Everything else was done using acrylic paint with the exception of the shimmery light pink on the abstract nails. That is Sinful Colors Glass Pink. The top coat I used for these nails was Butter London's Hardwear P.D. Quick Top Coat. You can purchase it here on Amazon for a $1 less than if you were to get it straight from Butter London!


You can recreate this design with the help of my tutorial!


3 comments:

Please make sure you are commenting via Disqus. It's much easier for me to respond to comments that way, and it gives you more options to sign in and leave comments. If you aren't commenting via Disqus you may not get a response. Thank you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...