Saturday, October 3, 2015

Zombie Bite Halloween SFX Nail Art with Video Tutorial


Hey everybody! It's been a while since I've shared some nail art with you. I bet you didn't except to see this kind of nail art either. I started my Halloween series on my YouTube channel! Every video I upload will be related to Halloween in some way. They will either be Halloween colored or design themed.

For my first video I did zombie bites! An SFX style nail art. I really love the way it turned out. It's not a practical, every day nail art design. It's definitely only meant for a night out to a party or to compliment a zombie costume because it has a ton of nail polish layers and it does take a while to dry. Someone in the comments section of my tutorial video mentioned that you could do this on a set of fake nails and let them dry ahead of time. That way you can just glue them on when you're ready to go. I thought that was brilliant! It's certainly something to keep in mind if you want to give these a try.

I started out using a base coat and a red polish. I used China Glaze's Hey Sailor. I built up the red polish and then placed a clear top coat over it. Then I added a nude polish. I used OPI's Samoan Sand. Once I built up my nude polish to be opaque I made it matte with Butter London's Matte Finish top coat. After that I used a dotting tool and started to rip holes into the polish since they polish underneath is still very wet. I let them dry and then added details with acrylic paint. I used a thinned out blue for the veins with a striping polish and then sponged on thinned out red using a makeup sponge. Then I filled up some of the holes with my red polish and made some of them look like they were dripping blood.


Gruesome yet fun! What do you guys think about this design? Would you wear it? If you want to see exactly how I did this design, then check out my video below.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please make sure you are commenting via Disqus. It's much easier for me to respond to comments that way, and it gives you more options to sign in and leave comments. If you aren't commenting via Disqus you may not get a response. Thank you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...