Saturday, August 22, 2015

China Glaze The Great Outdoors Collection Swatches | Fall 2015



Hello everyone! I hope you're all having a great weekend so far. I'm sharing my swatches for China Glaze's The Great Outdoors Collection! This is their Fall collection for 2015. It's a 12 piece collection with 5 cremes, 3 duochromes, 2 metallic foils, 1 shimmer, and 1 glitter. Enjoy the photos below, or you can scroll all the way to the bottom and watch the swatch video that I uploaded to my YouTube channel.


Free Bear Hugs: A deep black/red creme. This one has a great formula. It has a jelly texture and finish to it so it dries really shiny without a top coat. This is two coats with a top coat.


Wood You Wanna?: A brownish burgundy metallic. This one is almost like a hybrid between a metallic and a foil. It's so shiny and pretty. This one is pretty opaque. This is two coats with a top coat.


My Lodge Or Yours?: Rosy mauve creme. This one was so much more opaque than I thought it was going to be. Almost a one coater, but not quite. Super easy to apply. This is two coats with a top coat.


Cabin Fever: A pinkish red to orangey copper duochrome. This one is literally perfect for Fall! This reminds me so much of leaves changing color. This applies pretty well. It has some brush strokes, but they seem to disappear a little bit once it dries. This is two coats with top coat.


S'More Fun: A bright yellow green cream. Why is this one called S'More Fun? This is not s'more colored AT ALL! Anyway, it's still a nice color, but this one was the worst polish in the collection in terms of application. It was really streaky and a little runny, but it wasn't too horrible to apply as long as you wipe a lot of it off your brush. This is three coats with top coat.


Gone Glamping: A gold and green duochrome. This one is a little more sheer than the other duochromes in this collection. It applies very even and is pretty easy to smooth out, but it does have some brush strokes. This is three coats with a top coat.


Take A Hike: A dark green creme. This one has an amazing formula! It's super easy to apply and it's a one coater. I never wear less than two though, so I added the extra just because. This is two coats with a top coat.


Pondering: A purple, blue, and green shifting duochrome. I really love this one! It always applies really well. Just like the other duochromes in this collection, this one had some brush strokes before it dried, but it evened out. This is two coats with a top coat.


Let's Dew It: A blue and silver glitter in a clear base. This one is SO pretty! It's jam packed with glitter and if you're wearing it as a topper, you only need one coat. This is one coat over Wet 'n' Wild's Black Creme.


Sleeping Under The Stars: A dark blue creme with pink shimmer. This one was also a one coater. It was very opaque, but I still went ahead and applied two coats. I'm not a huge fan of the shimmer in this one. It's barely noticeable to me. It's really only visible if there's direct light shining onto it. I've seen other people's swatches and their shimmer seems so much more intense than mine, so I have no idea. This is two coats with a top coat and taken with a flash.


Check Out The Silver Fox: A silver metallic foil. This one has great coverage and an easy formula. This is two coats with a top coat.


Change Your Altitude: A "greige" creme. A greyish beige creme for those of you who hate word combinations. This is grey with the slightest hint of brown. Great formula and coverage. This is two coats with a top coat.




Overall, I thought this collection was okay. It wasn't super original, but I did enjoy them. Most of them had pretty good formulas. Check out my swatch video above for my favorites! Let me know which ones you like the most!

Have a great weekend everyone! Have fun and stay safe!

Also, I purchased these polishes with my own money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please make sure you are commenting via Disqus. It's much easier for me to respond to comments that way, and it gives you more options to sign in and leave comments. If you aren't commenting via Disqus you may not get a response. Thank you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...