Thursday, October 29, 2015

Skulls and Bones Nail Art with Video Tutorial

Hey everybody! Today is my last Halloween themed nail art design for the year!  Although, you may see skulls in nail art designs all year long from me because I love them so much. For this design I covered my nails in skulls and bones over a sparkly base. 


I started by painting my nails a solid black using Wet 'n' Wild Black Creme. Then I added Zoya Storm for some beautiful holographic sparkle. I love this polish! It's so pretty. The skulls and bones were done with Apple Barrel acrylic paint. I used a dotting tool as well as a small nail art brush to apply them. The top coat I used is Rimmel London Lasting Finish Pro. I don't hear about this top coat very often and I love it! It's from the drugstore and I always find it on sale. It's one of my favorites.


Here's a fun fact. Right after I finished doing this design on my nails I had an accident with my right hand that landed me in the emergency room. I won't go into detail about what happened to spare you the gore, but the 2 weeks after recording this design was rough. Good thing I made my nails look pretty! It was a good conversation to have while doctors and nurses were power washing my wounds with freezing cold water. Now I have 2 gnarly scars on my right hand.


I hope you enjoyed my small Halloween series. I wanted to do more, but unfortunately the hand accident put a stop to that. If you want to see how I created this design and want to give it a try, check out my video tutorial below!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please make sure you are commenting via Disqus. It's much easier for me to respond to comments that way, and it gives you more options to sign in and leave comments. If you aren't commenting via Disqus you may not get a response. Thank you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...