Friday, July 24, 2015

Floral and Pearl Nail Art Featuring Jord Wood Watches


Hey everyone! Today I have nail art and a beautiful watch to share with you! I was recently contacted by Dan of Jord Wood Watches and he wanted to me create some nail art to match one of their amazing wood watches for you guys! They sent me a Cora Series Women's Watch in Purple Heart & Pearl and it's absolutely stunning! I love it. 

Let's get into the nail art first, because I know that's what most of you are interested in.

For this design I created a really pretty floral print and then blinged out the rest of my nails with some rhinestones and pearls on top of a very subtle wood grain pattern, which is barely visible in photos, unfortuntely. I think the colors I chose for the floral print really compliment the Purple Heart wood of the watch.

The base of the floral print nails is a white polish and a pearl polish. The white is Wet n Wild French White Creme and the pearl is Sinful Colors Tokyo Pearl. I applied the pearl polish diagonally so it would create a unique texture underneath the flowers. Sometimes with pearl polishes the brush strokes can be distracting and a little unsightly if they are done vertically.

The flowers were hand painted with a small nail art brush. The pink I used is China Glaze Life Is Rosy. The orange is China Glaze If In Doubt, Surf It Out. And the leaves were done with a navy green called Westside Warrior by China Glaze.

The base color for the wood grain and bling nails is China Glaze Purr-fect Plum. I was really excited that I had a polish that matched so closely with the wood of my watch. To get the wood grain I mixed together some acrylic paint that was just barely darker than my base color and painted on random wavy lines. I applied the rhinestones and pearls using top coat and then applied more top coat on top to make sure they didn't fall off. The top coat I used was Rimmel London's Lasting Finish Pro.



I really love the way these nails turned out and I love how they look against the watch. I usually don't keep nail art designs on my nails very long, but I kept these on my nails until they were chipping and I had to take them off. It pained me to remove them, but at least I record and photograph them, right? They're not lost forever.

If you want to see exactly how I did this nail art design, you can watch my video tutorial below!


Now that I've talked about nail art... Let's talk about how gorgeous this watch is shall we? Jord is located in the United States, but ships worldwide. They create a variety of amazing wooden wrist watches that are made from natural and sustainably sourced wood. They have a great selection of both men's and women's watches. Currently, their selection ranges in price from $120 - $295. The Cora Series watch that I have here is $275. No matter the price, you'll get a gorgeous wood watch that you can wear with almost everything.


A few of my favorite features in this watch are the swarovski crystal hour markers. They sparkle, subtly in the sun and they are so pretty. I also love that you can see the gears from both the front and the back of the watch! The entire back of the watch face is see through. I should have caught a picture of it, but it totally jumped from my mind. Trust me, it's amazingly cool. Also, did I mention that they have multiple colors for this watch? They have a rose gold one and it's SO PRETTY!

Another great thing about Jord is that they will size your watch for you before they ship it to you so you can assure that it will fit perfectly on your wrist. They provide you with an easy to print ruler that you can wrap around your wrist to determine your size. Pretty cool! You can also measure your wrist with a string. Either way, it's a breeze to make sure your watch fits the first time you wear it.


My watch came on a pillow IN A WOOD BOX! A pillow you guys! In a fancy and reusable custom wood box. That's fancy! It might be silly to some, but it really makes a difference when you open a watch with an amazing presentation like this one.


I'm really happy with my Purple Heart & Pearl Cora Series watch! I love being able to share things like this with you guys alongside some nail art. It makes a fun and different kind of blog post that I really enjoy. I hope you all enjoy it too!

Definitely go check out the other watches available from Jord. I know you won't be disappointed! There's definitely something for everyone over there. If you have any questions make sure to head over to their website and check out their FAQ. They also have a chat where you can chat with someone if you have any questions. They have great customer service and they answered every question I had when it came to picking out the watch and using it properly.





** This watch was sent to me for free from Jord. I'm giving my 100% honest opinion of both the watch and the company. :) **




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please make sure you are commenting via Disqus. It's much easier for me to respond to comments that way, and it gives you more options to sign in and leave comments. If you aren't commenting via Disqus you may not get a response. Thank you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...