Thursday, May 1, 2014

Lilly Pulitzer Crystal Coast Inspired Nail Art | PackAPunchPolish


Hello lovelies! In this post I will be sharing this super cute nail art design that was inspired by a Lilly Pulitzer print. The print that I used as inspiration was the Crystal Coast design. I thought it was absolutely beautiful and I loved how there were seahorses hidden throughout the print. I didn't even notice them at first until I looked closer when I was about to conquer the design on my nails. I was like, "Oh, hey seahorse! What's up? You're pretty cool!" Not only did I love the pattern I loved the color scheme as well. It's very springy and summery and I always prefer cool colors over warm colors. The design looks really intimidating, but honestly... it wasn't that hard to do. Most of it is just fancy little swirls. The hardest part was trying to paint the seahorses on. I'm really happy with this design. I think it turned out great!



I used a total of five polishes for this design. Of course, that's not including base and top coat. For the base color I used Wedding Dress by Motives Cosmetics. This is one of my all time favorite white polishes. It's super opaque and very easy to work with. If you haven't check out Motives Cosmetics yet, then you definitely should. Their polishes are amazing. For the pattern I used 4 different China Glaze polishes: Lemon Fizz, Def Defying, Kinetic Candy, and Sunday Funday.



As always, I created an easy to follow video tutorial for you so you can give this design a try as well! Feel free to check it out below!



3 comments:

  1. What an awesome and cute design - love it <3
    It seems perfect for spring and might also look beautyful with using neon shades on that white base... That would have make your design pop ^^

    Because I like your blog pretty much, I decided to follow you :)
    You would make me quiet happy with visiting my nail blog as well - it isn't as far as popular as yours and I'm glad about every single tip from a pro like you.

    www.lack-is-all-i-need.blogspot.de

    Greetings from Germany
    Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these colors together. It's one of my fav. color combos. It's such a retro 70's vibe when this color combo and type of design was popular!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get this awesome brush? I can never manage to draw such detailed designs because my polishes are too thick :-(

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure you are commenting via Disqus. It's much easier for me to respond to comments that way, and it gives you more options to sign in and leave comments. If you aren't commenting via Disqus you may not get a response. Thank you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...