Sunday, December 16, 2012

Oops, I Broke The Christmas Tree by Femme Fatale Lacquer

Hello everyone! I have Oops, I Broke The Christmas Tree by Femme Fatale Lacquer to show you for this post! Make sure you click "Read More" below to see swatches of this polish and to find out where you can get it for yourself!





Okay, for real... I know I say this a lot... But how amazingly super cute and awesome is the name of this polish? So creative! Oops, I Broke The Christmas Tree is a clear based polish with red shredded glitters, green hex glitters, white square glitters, silver bar glitters, and gold holographic hex glitters. Holy holidays! That's a lot of glitter! A very good combination, in my opinion.

What I have on my nails in all the photos here is one coat of Oops, I Broke The Christmas Tree over two coats of Sinful Colors Tokyo Pearl. In my head I thought this was going to look a lot better, but once I had it on my nails I wasn't a huge fan of the pearl underneath the glitter. I think there was a little too much going on. It definitely would have looked better if I put it over a solid color. A white or  light green would have been good. The pearl polish also gave me another problem which I will talk about below with the application. I also used a generous coat of Out The Door top coat over this, but it doesn't seem to be very noticeable in the photos. The top coat helped even out the glitter since I could notice slightly that it stuck up from my nail, but the top coat completely evened it out.


The application for this polish *sigh* it wasn't the greatest. I'm not saying it was impossible, so let me explain. Trying to get some of the glitters out was so frustrating. I absolutely love the white squares in the polish, but I had such a hard time catching them. The same went for the red shreds, but they were definitely easier than the white squares. Once I got a good mix of glitters on the brush and I got it on my nail, all of the glitter wanted to hug each other and have a glitter party at one spot on my nail. Cheers to them, but I wanted and needed them to mingle across my whole nail. This then led to another problem and that was trying to move them and this is where my pearl polish problem came into view. As I was trying to move the glitter I noticed that the base of the polish dried super, super fast. Don't get me wrong, fast drying polish is good, but in this case it wasn't. It dried quickly, but also latched onto my base color so when I tried moving the glitter, it moved my base, which led to my pearl polish getting nasty looking smear marks in it. Like I said above, if I would have used a solid base, I don't think I would have ended up with the smear marks because as most of you know pearl polish shows many brush strokes in the first place.

With all of that said, I recommend using a light hand when applying this polish! Don't try to go in for a thin coat like I did. As you can see on my ring finger and pinky, I did a nice thick coat and it was a million times easier to work with.

Do I still recommend this polish? Absolutely! Just keep in mind that you need to do thick coats and not thin coats and you need to use a base color that doesn't show imperfections so easily.


This polish is "3 free" and it also contains 2 stainless steel mixing BBs to mix the glitter if it has some settling. It is made with suspension base so the glitter doesn't sink too much, it does stay suspended within the polish, but for the best result it is suggested to shake before use.

You can purchase this from Femme Fatale Lacquer's shop online. Her shop ishttp://femmefatalelacquer.bigcartel.com Don't forget to follow Cynthia of Femme Fatale Lacquer on Facebook and Instagram for updates and coupons!!

Facebook: http://facebook.com/femmefatalelacquer
Instagram: @femmefatalelacquer http://instagram.com/femmefatalelacquer





2 comments:

  1. What a pretty polish!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.christmaslightsandmore.com/It’s easy to add some holiday cheer by switching out your everyday style
    for a few warm blankets and plush pillows to get that holiday glow.

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure you are commenting via Disqus. It's much easier for me to respond to comments that way, and it gives you more options to sign in and leave comments. If you aren't commenting via Disqus you may not get a response. Thank you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...