Monday, December 17, 2012

Confetti Squares Nail Art


Hello lovely blog readers! How has your day been? Mine's been a little rough, so I figured sharing some nail art with you would boost my happiness level! I decided to try something a little different this time. So this is what I came up with! Confetti nails! The cool thing is, the little pieces of confetti are made out of nail polish!


I made the confetti pieces by painting nail polish onto a plastic ziplock sandwich bag and allowed it to dry. Once it was dry I peeled it right off of the bag and started cutting the large pieces into tiny confetti size pieces that would fit on my nails. The polishes I used were all by China Glaze. I used Happy Go Lucky (yellow), Gaga For Green (green), Peachy Keen (orange), Flyin' High (blue), and Sugar High (pink). If you want to give this design a try you definitely have to let the polish dry on the plastic bag over night or throughout the day. Adding a top coat will help the polish dry faster as well.


The base color that I used underneath the confetti is Sweet Hook by China Glaze. It's a cute pink toned light purple. I originally was going to use a white polish, but I decided I didn't want my nails to be too blindly bright, so I figured a nice pastel color would counteract the bright confetti slightly while still keeping it nice and colorful.

I let my base dry and then one nail at a time I put a top coat on, dipped a finger in the confetti pieces, and then randomly placed them all over my nail. They did stick up pretty bad at first, but once I applied my top coat it almost melted them down. It was kind of odd, but good because I didn't want them to be really bumpy. I used Deborah Lippmann's Addicted To Speed top coat.


I think these would be completely awesome for birthday parties!



Want to give these nails a try? Watch my video tutorial!


Polishes Used:



12 comments:

  1. This is a really cool idea, I can't wait to try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a cool idea, looks really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea...love your design...I will try it surely...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a total birthday mani! I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so cute and fun! your technique is really clever, i need to try painting on ziplock bags next time! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! It's fun painting on them. It makes it especially easy for designs on your opposite hand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great holiday nails. Thanks for the inspiration.

    Christie x

    Dark Blue Stripes

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure you are commenting via Disqus. It's much easier for me to respond to comments that way, and it gives you more options to sign in and leave comments. If you aren't commenting via Disqus you may not get a response. Thank you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...