Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Holiday Bows and Dotted Half Moon Nail Art


Hey everyone! I hope you are having a lovely holiday season so far! I finally have my first holiday design to share with you. I'm holidayed out already. I don't want to sound like a Grinch... but I feel like the holiday season starts too early and then I just get tired of it too soon. Let's just say, I love it when it's celebrated at the appropriate time and not three weeks before Thanksgiving.


I've been seeing a ton of elaborate this-takes-five-hours-to-do holiday nail art designs lately, but not too many simple ones. I've been slightly under the weather the past few days so I figured simple would be a good way to go. I ended up with these adorable little bows and cute polka dot half moons.


Can I mention how in love I am with the polish I used for the base of this design? It's like heaven on my nails. It's called China Glaze Angel Wings and let me tell you... it's definitely angelic. The designs and details were all done with red, green, and white, apple barrel acrylic paint. The top coat I used for this design was Out The Door. I've been switching between top coats like crazy lately!


I used a dotting tool for the half moons and to apply the red part of the bow and then used a very small brush to outline the bow with the white. My brush came from a cheap pack of brushes that I purchased at Walmart. I don't know what brand or size it is. It's just a tiny brush. The dotting tools I used were purchased from Amazon and they came in a pack of 5. Both the brushes and dotting tools were less than $5 each.


I'm loving the bows. I may try to do a non holiday design with a bow sometime soon! 


Don't forget to follow me on Instagram if you have one! I am @packapunchnails. Or you can follow me through the online Instagram http://instagram.com/packapunchnails

Want to learn how to do this design yourself? Watch my video tutorial!


Products Used:



9 comments:

  1. these bows are gorgeous! I might have to steal! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE this idea: gold polish with the red and green dots for a half-moon mani! I might have to steal this idea for a Christmas mani...watch my blog, I'll be sure to give you a shout out for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! :) If you do I can't wait to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I'm glad you like it. :) I'll definitely have to keep an eye out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful mani! I'm not a big fan of super elaborate nail art so I can always appreciate simple manis that are easy to recreate :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I'm the same way. I've been seeing insane manis this year! They're all beautiful, but sometimes simple is better for a lot of people. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking so cool ! Really your post is really very good and I appreciate it.You write very well which is amazing. I really impressed by your post and feel very similar on this topic but have some new ideas also.
    Gel polish kit

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure you are commenting via Disqus. It's much easier for me to respond to comments that way, and it gives you more options to sign in and leave comments. If you aren't commenting via Disqus you may not get a response. Thank you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...