Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Mix and Match Christmas Nail Art 2012


Hello gorgeous blog readers! This is a late post. Here in PA in the US it's no longer Christmas, but I wanted to share what I had on my nails for all of the festivities! Lot's of red, green, white, silver, and glitter took over my nails for my Christmas design. By the way, say hello to my right hand! You guys don't see it very often. I swear I have one. I'm not one handed.


I went with some mix and match designs because I have been loving them lately and you can never go wrong with mix and match Christmas designs! I used an array of polishes to do this so I will start on my thumbs and go to my pinkies.


On my thumbs I have one coat of OPI Wocka Wocka with two coats of OPI Gettin' Miss Piggy With It. These two polishes make such a gorgeous combo! At first I wasn't feelin' it, but then I went out into the light and saw how much it sparkled and was like.. WOAH! and then I fell in love.

On my index fingers I have three coats of LA Colors Color Craze in the color Live. It's a cheap 50 cent polish I picked up at a dollar store, but holy cheese balls I seriously need to go scout out more bottles of this polish. It's the best foil-y silver polish EVER! On top of the silver I hand painted a little white snowflake with a medium length striping brush and acrylic paint (I will be reviewing the set of brushes that it belongs to shortly!). Then, like it wasn't already shiny enough, I added a few loose holographic silver hex glitters (I will be reviewing them soon too!).

On my middle finger I started out with a base of Essie Tennis Corset. If I remember correctly I used three or four coats to get it to a nice opaqueness for a candy cane. It has a beautiful gold shimmer which made it an amazing base for the shimmery stripes. For the stripes I used China Glaze Running In Circles and OPI Meep-Meep-Meep. I love how they all had similar shimmer so they were nice and uniform, but still different.

My ring fingers have a glitter placement technique. My base polish I used underneath the glitter was China Glaze Adventure Red-Y. I took the same loose holographic silver hex glitter that I used on my index fingers and placed every single piece of one by one with a dotting tool and some top coat. Time consuming... I know, but it's totally worth it in the end. My mother made fun of me because at one point during the day all I did was sit and stare at my nails because I had nothing better to do after stuffing my face with ham and mashed potatoes and a mass amount of cookies. YUM!

My pinkies have one coat of China Glaze Running In Circles and two coats of OPI Fresh Frog Of Bel Air. Another gorgeous combination as well!




I topped everything off with a good coat of Out The Door top coat. Either one coat, or two. My ring fingers definitely had two coats of top coat to smooth out the glitters.


My right hand isn't too bad right? Ha. Ha! I just realized what I said. Right, right? Did you get it? Maybe? Yeah I know, I have lame jokes. No biggie. 

Don't forget to follow me on IG to sometimes get sneak peeks of what's to come on the blog! http://instagram.com/packapunchnails




Available Polishes In This Post On Amazon:


I hope everyone had, or is still having, a fantastic holiday season! I know I sure did! Happy Holidays!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please make sure you are commenting via Disqus. It's much easier for me to respond to comments that way, and it gives you more options to sign in and leave comments. If you aren't commenting via Disqus you may not get a response. Thank you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...