Saturday, November 10, 2012

Watercolor Nails Using Acrylic Paint


I always see so many nail bloggers doing the "watercolor" nails and I sort of like the way they look, but at the same time I don't. I love the way the colors merge together, but when polish and acetone is used there are usually hard lines from where you put the drop of polish and then the inside of the polish drop gets washed out so there is almost a ring. Did that make any sense? It did in my mind, but a lot goes on in my noggin sometimes.

I wanted to find a way to get the watercolor/color-wash look without the harsh lines. So the first thing I tried was watered down acrylic paint. I was so surprised how awesome it turned out!! The colors blended together so nicely to get a beautiful subtle look. 


I started with two coats of White On by Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear and I let it dry completely because I didn't want the watered down paint to drag with my paint brush as I swirled the colors together onto my nails. I used pink, purple, and blue Apple Barrel acrylic paint. The top coat I used for these nails was Butter London's Hardwear top coat.


You can learn how to do this yourself by watching my tutorial!



7 comments:

Please make sure you are commenting via Disqus. It's much easier for me to respond to comments that way, and it gives you more options to sign in and leave comments. If you aren't commenting via Disqus you may not get a response. Thank you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...