Monday, November 19, 2012

Neon Striped Water Marble

You might want to go grab some sunglasses and then come back... Nahh, I'm just kidding! I'm not responsible for any retina burn that comes from viewing these photos though. They aren't nearly as bright as what my nails actually were. Also, sorry for the lack of photos. This is the only one that came out decent. The sun was going down and those of you who have tried to take nail art photos while the sun is going down, you know that it can really be difficult to capture the colors correctly and focus on the nails. The neon didn't help my camera either.


I decided not to use a white base for this water marble because I wanted to see how it would come out with a light pastel base. I really like it! It gives it a different look from the standard neon marble using a white base. It toned it down a little bit. 

The base color I used was Something Sweet by China Glaze. It's a nice light pastel pink. I used two coats of it just to make sure I didn't have any odd bare spots after I finished the marble.

The marbling colors I used were Ride the Waves, Orange You Hot?, Sun Kissed, I'm With the Lifeguard, and Hang Ten Toes. All of those polishes are from the China Glaze Summer Neons Collection.

I did my favorite type of water marble. Striped! There's just something about the really thin lines that it gives. I love how the colors just stream together. My Instagram viewers said this reminds them of the swirly lollipops, fruit by the foot, and fruit stripes gum. All this talk about candy is making me hungry!

Are you following me on Instagram and Twitter? Go ahead if you haven't already! I usually post photos there before I post them here! It's like having a sneak preview of what's to come. ;) Both are @packapunchnails 



Polishes Used:


15 comments:

  1. Fruit Stripes Gum, that was my first thought when I saw this!! Gorgeous & SO FUN!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH....MY....GOODNESS. This is one amazing water marble!! I love the pastel base! This is a winner!!! Well done, dear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have a youtube tutorial for this? I'd love to see how you did it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do have a water marble tutorial on my YouTube channel. :) it's not this specific mani, but it's the same concept I just used different colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This totally reminds me of candy! Everyone is right! When I saw this, I thought of the lollipops as big as my head from when I was little kid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could seriously eat one if those giant lollipops right now! Lol. I've never actually had a really big swirly rainbow lollipop, just tiny ones. :( It's probably good though, my stomach isn't a fan of all the sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your water marble turns out perfect! Mine just sucked!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! It took me months to be able to do it. Haha. I won't lie, they are really really difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lacque to the FutureJanuary 15, 2013 at 6:23 AM

    This is beautiful! How do you get this striped effect? Do you use multiple drops of each polish or is it all in the swirling technique?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, i loved your nails! By any chance, do you have a tutorial on how to do the stripes? Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure you are commenting via Disqus. It's much easier for me to respond to comments that way, and it gives you more options to sign in and leave comments. If you aren't commenting via Disqus you may not get a response. Thank you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...