Friday, November 2, 2012

Essie Tennis Corset


So on my laptop I have a folder called "Things That Need To Be Posted" and it is slowly getting jam packed with swatches and a video or two. I'm doing my best to get it cleared out without overwhelming everyone with posts. I'm not a big fan of putting more than one polish into a blog post because personally, when I go searching for a polish online, I like to read about one polish in particular and I don't like sifting through tons of pictures and texts looking for that individual polish. Therefore, I try to blog so that I would enjoy it myself, hoping that others will enjoy it the same way.

shade
Anyway, here is Essie Tennis Corset! It's a very, sheer milky white polish with subtle gold shimmer. When I say sheer... I seriously mean sheer! All of the photos shown are four coats without top coat and you can still see my bare nail and nail line. If you aren't a fan of sheer polishes you can easily use this over a white polish, or other colors to give them a cloudy finish.

sunlight

This polish is really thin also. Very runny. You don't need much on the brush at all to get a thin coat. You could probably wipe almost all of it off the brush and still be able to apply it. Maybe I just got a bad bottle, but it's still something to take into consideration. This dries fairly quick if you apply thin coats so you don't have to wait very long in between applications. That's a good thing considering it needs many coats in order to build it up by itself.

sunlight, blurred to see gold shimmer
I'm not usually a fan of sheer polishes, but if it has gold shimmer, I'm a sucker for it. I'm sure I can't be the only one like that... right?


9 comments:

  1. I do the same thing but I think we are in the minority. I like to focus on one polish per post most of the time too. For lots of reasons, not the least of which is that I hate swatching!

    Lovely polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we are too! Swatching definitely isn't my favorite but I still enjoy doing it. :)

      Delete
  2. I've never even heard of this polish, but it sure is a beauty. Shame about the formula, although I doubt you have a bad bottle; Essie is notorious for wonky formulas. I'd recommend layering this over a cream white or marshmallow jelly to add a bit more weight to this without detracting from that stunning shimmer. This is really a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The formula wasn't too bad and I usually don't have a problem with Essie's formulas, I think it's just because it's so sheer. I did try it over a cream white and surprisingly I prefer it on it's own. I like the look of a milky sheer white. :)

      Delete
  3. This looks so pretty and snowy on its own. I've only used it once as a topper, like China Glaze White Cap. I'll have to try wearing it like this sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally recommend it on it's own! It's lovely.

      Delete
  4. This is really pretty! It would be a nice palatte cleanser! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! This is one of my go to's when I don't feel like wearing polish, but can't go without it. lol.

      Delete
  5. I saw this at my local Marshall's today and tried it, super thin and runny. I didn't get it for that reason

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure you are commenting via Disqus. It's much easier for me to respond to comments that way, and it gives you more options to sign in and leave comments. If you aren't commenting via Disqus you may not get a response. Thank you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...