Sunday, November 18, 2012

China Glaze Get Carried Away


Ugh. You guys... I'm so disappointed with this polish. This is Get Carried Away by China Glaze. It's part of the Cirque du Soleil: Worlds Away Collection. It's a black jelly base with large silver, red, and black hex glitters as well as small black and silver glitters, and some black bar glitters. Sounds pretty awesome right? Yeah... I thought so too... I'm not saying I completely hate it, but I definitely am not a fan.


The application for this one was AWFUL. I have two coats on in all the photos here. Maybe I needed three? I'm not sure. It was so chunky, thick, gloopy, and hard to move around. I could barely get it to come out of the bottle. I think I'm going to take some polish thinner to it and see if that helps, because if I don't, I may never use it. It's an amazing polish, don't get me wrong, but I just didn't have the patience for this one. You could try layering it over some different colors like black, white, red, whatever you think would go well with it. I was going to try that, but I was so fed up with trying to get it to work on it's own I just threw it aside and said "I QUIT!" I feel like I'm being a whiner... but I just did not like this polish on my nails. :(


4 comments:

  1. I kind of agree with you. I don't normally like/have the patience for these glitters that come in a dark colored base, but this is one of the worst ones I've seen in a while. It doesn't look like it's worth the trouble! I'm sorry that it didn't work out for you :[ But at least you're honest, right? :]

    Also, I was just reading your sidebar, and I got my start with the Klutz Nail Art book as well! I still keep it near me on the shelf above my desk, and I actually will sometimes look to it when I'm in times of little inspiration! It's awesome to meet another blogger who got their start there as well as see how far you've come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's a bummer that it wasn't any better. I had high hopes for it. I'm always honest with my swatches. :) I want people to know exactly what they should be expecting in a polish.

      That's awesome! I never actually owned the book, I sat in the book store and looked through and read the whole thing while my mom and sister were looking for books. haha. I had a really good memory though, so I ended up doing every design.

      Delete
  2. awww boo! I had high hopes for this one!

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure you are commenting via Disqus. It's much easier for me to respond to comments that way, and it gives you more options to sign in and leave comments. If you aren't commenting via Disqus you may not get a response. Thank you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...