Thursday, October 18, 2012

Orly Fowl Play


Here's a gorgeous fall color for you! This beauty is Orly Fowl Play. All the pictures are three coats with no top coat. You can definitely get away with two coats, but a a third really helps it pop! This polish was part of the Fall 2011 Birds of a Feather collection. This was pretty difficult to capture on camera. If I captured one aspect of the polish, I lost the other. It's one of those polishes that you really need to see in person in order to fully understand and enjoy.


Where do I even begin to describe this polish? It's a dark purple plum base and it's a little bit on the jelly side. I wouldn't say it's a true jelly, but it's really hard to tell from all the stuff it's jam packed with! It also has super fine micro silver glitter and slightly larger blue glitter. On top of that it also has orange flakies in it! I tried to experiment with them to see if they changed color and I could sometimes get them to turn green, but it was really difficult. It's safe to say that they are definitely more orange, but in the right light don't be surprised when you see a flash of green really quick.


The application for Fowl Play is pretty good considering all of it's contents. I applied it with a medium layer each time. I found that if I applied really thin coats it got clumpy and pulled the flakes and glitter with the brush. Other than the pulling of flakes and glitter I really didn't have a problem with it.

Like I said previously, this color is perfect for fall and even though it was released in last years collection I still think it will be a popular choice this year as well. If you don't already have it and are thinking of purchasing it... Do it! It's a pretty unique polish and it would make a good home in your collection. I'm sorry for fueling your polish addiction! ;)

4 comments:

Please make sure you are commenting via Disqus. It's much easier for me to respond to comments that way, and it gives you more options to sign in and leave comments. If you aren't commenting via Disqus you may not get a response. Thank you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...