Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Half Moon Eyeballs


I'm not a big fan of half moons to be honest. That's probably because every time I try to do them I mess them up and I don't like using the paper reinforcement method because it doesn't shape nicely to my nail and no matter how I peel it off my line looks messy. So I always hand paint my half moons on. Since I wanted to do another Halloween design I had a fantastic idea of doing half moon eyes! And of course I had to add something a little scary, so I thought the blood drips were a nice touch.


It's a little difficult to see, but I used Essie's Tennis Corset as the base color. I needed some kind of shimmer, and also wanted to color up the whites of my nails a tiny bit so they weren't so obvious. For the half moon eyes I used various colors of acrylic paint and for the blood drips I used Sinful Colors Ruby Ruby. As the top coat I used Butter London's Hardwear P.D. Quick Coat and I think I'm falling in love with it. If only it wasn't so dang expensive!

By the way! Did you notice a difference in my watermarks? I hope so! They're completely different and a lot less intrusive. They're still visible, but aren't distracting like the ones I was using before. Let me know what you think of them! Should I keep them, or go back to the ones I had before? I want to know your thoughts.


Want to give this design a try?


5 comments:

  1. I love these! And I think I prefer your old watermarks, i dont think it matters that it distracts from the design because if we're here to see your work that doesn't matter to us, and white is a lot easier to match than black text :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) And I know. I really can't decide! I'm so torn between both. I like these because they're a little smaller and they go with the curve of my nail and are out of the way, but I like the old ones too. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what others think as well.

      Delete
  2. Ahhhh these are crazy!! They look like they're staring at you! Haha. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha. They do! Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed them. :)

      Delete
  3. I love the idea :D crazy good!

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure you are commenting via Disqus. It's much easier for me to respond to comments that way, and it gives you more options to sign in and leave comments. If you aren't commenting via Disqus you may not get a response. Thank you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...