Friday, October 12, 2012

Bloody Ripped Flesh Halloween Nail Art


I guess I should have warned you about the gruesome images you will be seeing in this blog post. Sorry about that! Don't worry! No nails were harmed in the making of this design! It's all special effects! 

I decided to start coming up with some Halloween nail designs and this was the first one that popped into mind. Ripped flesh! I've been seeing quite a few bloody nail art designs but I wanted to make mind look a bit more realistic than just a painted on blob of blood.

Obviously these nails are for special occasions and aren't practical for every day wear. They won't last for more than a day or two due to the layers of polish and the way they are shredded!


I started by adding a hefty layer of base coat just try and protect my nails as much as I could from the red polish. The red polish I used for the blood is Sinful Colors Ruby Ruby. I wouldn't recommend using something really expensive unless you absolutely have to. Then I topped the red off with some Out The Door top coat to keep it from bleeding ( haha. no pun intended!! ) through to the next color. The flesh color is OPI Samoan Sand. To make Samoan Sand look like real flesh I added a matte top coat and I used Butter London's matte top coat.

Then I went to town shredding it all up with a dotting tool. Pulling, twisting, scratching, stretching. All things that are gruesome and bloody. Adding the matte top coat is perfect because when you shred everything up it leaves the red shiny so it looks like real blood while the skin tone stays matte!


Personally, I think these are fantastic! If you love blood, guts, and gore on Halloween these might be the nails for you! Heck if you're going as a zombie for Halloween these would absolutely compliment your attire perfectly!! And I obviously had to do a weird creepy hand pose in the picture below. It's almost a requirement with nails like these!


Want to give these a try for Halloween? Check out my tutorial below!




29 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I just tried my own! I'm not going to post them yet but when I do I'll let them know where I got it from and to check out your video. Is it on YouTube too? If not you should get it on there

      Delete
    2. I can't wait to see them! and yes it's on YouTube. That's how it's on the blog post. :)

      Delete
  2. These are so sick! In both senses of the word, I guess (:
    I too have been seeing a lot of cool bloody designs with Halloween approaching, but I haven't ever seen anything like this! Thanks for the tutorial too, I may just have to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I'd love to see it if you give it a try.

      Delete
  3. Oh...my...gosh. This is positively disgusting!!! Haha!! They should hire you on The Walking Dead or something. You could help in the makeup department and do nails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha. They really are! They were truly nauseating. That would be so awesome if I got hired to do that!

      Delete
  4. I freaking love this! I can't wait to try this out. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! I'd love to see it when you give it a try! and you're welcome. :)

      Delete
  5. This is almost hard to look at! I love it... So creative!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg this is absolutely perfect for Halloween - one of the best I've seen so far!! It actually makes me feel queasy D:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It really is absolutely nauseating! I couldn't even keep it on my nails. I had to take it off so I didn't have to stare at it!

      Delete
  7. Just nasty.. KUDOS TO YOU!!! Never thought nails could leave me so repulsed LOL Now I wish I was a zombie come Halloween just so I could wear this mani. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There's always next year to be a zombie! :)

      Delete
  8. I totally want to try these! I just don't want to wait forever for them to dry :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. :( that's the only downside. It all depends on how fast the polish you use dries.

      Delete
  9. These are disgustingly amazing.
    I'm totally going to have to recreate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'd love to see it if you give it a try!

      Delete
  10. I love it!!,, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super idée pour Halloween, sincèrement bravo ! (great idea, i really like this, congrats)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice article.
    thanks for the share . happy new
    year box office collection



    I must say that overall I am
    really impressed with this blog.It is easy to see that you are impassioned
    about your writing.happy diwali
    images



    halloween
    costume ideas for women
    | Halloween Games For
    Kids
    | Halloween quotes

    ReplyDelete
  13. yo FBML solution because you can change the page depending on if people like your page or not. Is that possible with iFrame? Fast And Furious 7 Torrent

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure you are commenting via Disqus. It's much easier for me to respond to comments that way, and it gives you more options to sign in and leave comments. If you aren't commenting via Disqus you may not get a response. Thank you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...