Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I Heart NY Nail Art


So as you can see these nails only have one picture. I completely wrecked them on my camera after taking this. I couldn't believe it. Therefore this is the only picture that you will be seeing.

This was a request from a Facebook viewer to do "I heart NY" nails. Many of these types of nails have been circulating the internet and blogs, but I don't always like to do what everyone else is doing. I may do something similar, but I try to make it original somehow. Obviously, this isn't always possible because it's inevitable that someone has already done it, thought about it, or will blame you for stealing it. Welcome to the internet!

I decided that putting a skyline inside letters was a little different than what most people do. I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White On as the base color and for the nail art I used acrylic paint. I also used a small piece of sponge to get the colored effect inside the letters.

I wanted to do these earlier for 9/11 but I never got around to it unfortunately. *sigh* I hope you all still enjoy them though! 

Wanna watch the tutorial?

2 comments:

  1. Just found your videos on YouTube.. You do awesome work. I subscribed to you on YouTube & I started following you on here :) Love love love these nails, especially because I'm from NY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you found me! I'm really glad you're enjoying my designs as well! :)

      Delete

Please make sure you are commenting via Disqus. It's much easier for me to respond to comments that way, and it gives you more options to sign in and leave comments. If you aren't commenting via Disqus you may not get a response. Thank you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...