Monday, September 17, 2012

Liebster Award!

Well good hello everyone! I was nominated for the Liebster award by Casey of Dull Like Glitter. I've been nominated for others, but I've never taken part in them because I'm lame and didn't know what I was doing with blogging so I didn't think much about it. BUT now that I've gotten way more involved with blogging I'm willing to start doing these. Now that I've seen a ton of other's get nominated and seeing their posts and knowing what to do. haha.


Here's how it works:
  1. The recipient must post 11 fun fact about themselves
  2. The recipient must also answer 11 questions created by the award giver
  3. The recipient must give the award to 11 new bloggers with less than 200 followers and post 11 questions for them to answer
  4. These 11 bloggers must be told they have been given the award
  5. They will in turn pass the award to 11 new bloggers of their choice (no tagging back the award giver.)

11 Fun Facts About Me:
  1. I'm only 19. People either think I'm way older or way younger than what I actually am. 
  2. I have had many paranormal experiences in the past, and I continue to have them throughout my life. People sometimes think I lie about it, and they think I'm weird because of it, but I believe in things like that. 
  3. I have a dog named Nala and she's an odd combination of Siberian Husky and Great Dane. Everyone mistakes her for a German Shepherd.  
  4. I love photography and have been thinking about making a blog specifically for my non polish related photography. 
  5. I don't have my drivers license. 
  6. I can make my tongue into the shape of a clover. 
  7. I love shoes and flip flops. I have at least 30 pairs of snakers and I have almost every color of Old Navy flip flops that they've ever had (not the patterned ones). 
  8. I spend a lot of my time doing my nails and making nail art tutorials on YouTube. 
  9. I have a mysterious medical condition that the doctors can't figure out. 
  10. I played lacrosse, tennis, and did cheerleading when I was in high school and still continue to play tennis. 
  11. I taught myself how to play the piano and I'm not horrible at playing it.

11 Questions For Me:
  1. What is your all time, hands down, favorite nail polish? I think I'd have to say China Glaze Liquid Crystal. I always find myself wearing it and using it for nail art.
  2. What is your earliest nail polish memory? I was at Walmart and they had those tiny bon bon nail polishes in packs of 6 and I got the scented ones, and then the same day we went to the book store and I looked at the Klutz nail polish book and read the whole thing before we left the store and then tried all of the designs when I got home. My favorite was the fish nails. haha.
  3. If you could sit down and do anyones nails in the world, who would it be? I think I would have to say Tyra Banks. I use to watch her talk show every day and I love how she empowers women to love the way they look no matter what size they are. She's also hilarious and I would love to meet her in real life.
  4. How long have you been into nails/nail art? I've always had an interest in nail art since I was little, but then I got really into lacrosse and other sports and it's kind of hard to keep nail polish on your nails through practice and games especially for lacrosse due to getting your hands checked. Then I started getting back into it and everyone always said how much they loved my nail art so I decided to blog about it and I was surprised to how many people enjoyed seeing my nails. Then I kept getting asked to make tutorials and that's what lead to making my tutorials on YouTube.
  5. If zombie apocalypse began right now, would you take any nail supplies? I would definitely bring a nail file and nail clippers. I feel like they would be useful for more than just nails.
  6. Have you ever used nail polish for a non-paint-your-nails activity? Yes! I painted my old flip phone once and I also have made fridge magnets.
  7. Which bottle of polish is most sentimental to you and why? I don't really have any polishes that are sentimental to me. I just love them all.
  8. How do you store all of your nail polish? Currently, they're all thrown in a Caboodle bag, but I've been wanting to make a shelf for them all so I can easily find the colors I want.
  9. Who is the person you end up doing your nails around the most? Usually I'm alone when I do my nails because my family hates the smell of nail polish. lol
  10. What brand do you own the most of? I think either Sinful Colors or China Glaze. I love both brands.
  11. What is your favorite non polish but, nail related product? Hard as Hoof!! Hands down.

11 Questions For You To Answer:
  1. How do you feel about buying polishes that cost more than $10?
  2. Have you ever painted your nails in the car after getting a new polish?
  3. If you have a pet, what do you have and have you painted its nails?
  4. If you were only allowed to wear one color of nail polish (Any polish as long as it's that designated color) for the rest of your life, what color would it be?
  5. Have you ever painted your husband/boyfriend/or male friends nails?
  6. Matte or shiny polish?
  7. What's the most expensive polish that you own?
  8. How often do you paint your nails?
  9. What's your favorite polish to wear on your toes?
  10. Do you like stamping (konad, bundle monster etc.)?
  11. What's your favorite brand of nail polish under $5?

The bloggers I nominate: (I have a problem. I don't know many blogs with less than 200 followers that haven't already been awarded this. :( I'm doing as many as I possibly can which is 5...Wah. I'm totally lame.)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to you on this ! I was so excited when I got my email :) ps I noticed you sai you were lookin to make a shelf for your polishes . I made mine and my sister I law one I posted a DIY post about it . You should check it out . It's a wood rack instead of the foam board ones . I had bad luck with mine twice , and said forget it went the wood route and I love it .
    Have a great weekend !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Yes, I've been wanting to make a some sort of storage item for my polishes, and I'll definitely be making it out of wood. I checked out your post! I think I'll be making mine with a backing instead of having it open.

      When I saw everyone raving about the foam board shelves the only thing I could think was "Dang, those are going to bend and warp and fall apart!" There was no way I was trusting making one of those to hold all of my polish. haha.

      Delete

Please make sure you are commenting via Disqus. It's much easier for me to respond to comments that way, and it gives you more options to sign in and leave comments. If you aren't commenting via Disqus you may not get a response. Thank you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...