Sunday, September 2, 2012

Glitter Polish Removal


I'm sure you all have seen this before. It's all over YouTube and the nail art community. Lately though, I've been getting a lot of complaints on my YouTube channel whenever I use glitter in my tutorials. People make it sound like using glitter nail polish will be the end of the world. But honestly, removing glitter from your nails is super easy and quick. Painless! So I decided to make a video for my users showing them how I remove it.

I DID NOT, I repeat, DID NOT come up with this method... I made this video purely just to show my viewers show I remove the glitter. I fully give credit to the individual who came up with this idea. I honestly don't know who that is because so many people use this method. So whoever you are, I thank you!! This method is amazing.

All you need is some cotton balls, some nail polish remover (I use 100% pure acetone), and some aluminum foil. All of these things you should already have at home if you do your nails a lot.

You need to soak a cotton ball completely with nail polish remover and then firmly press it onto your nail. Then you need to take a square of aluminum foil and wrap it around the cotton ball and the tip of your finger (I usually go to my second knuckle so it stays on). Do this to all of your nails. I usually do one hand at a time so I have a free hand to do other things.

Then you need to wait about 5-10 minutes. This depends on how dense the glitter is, and how many layers of glitter you have on your nails. It differs polish to polish.

After waiting then you very firmly push down on the cotton ball and at the same time slide it off of your nail. and VOILA! All (or most) of the glitter should be gone. If you have some left over a cotton ball with some remover will easily take it off.

Do it to your other hand and your glitter polish was removed with absolutely no scrubbing at all!

If you don't understand, you can watch the video I uploaded to my channel.



2 comments:

  1. did you get my comment on tumblr, i think, about soguestwhat11's tutorial?? check it out! :) its better lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! And I watched the video. I feel like it would take FOREVER for the glue to dry on my nails. And I'm so impatient. lol.

      Delete

Please make sure you are commenting via Disqus. It's much easier for me to respond to comments that way, and it gives you more options to sign in and leave comments. If you aren't commenting via Disqus you may not get a response. Thank you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...