Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Blue Skies and Fluffy White Clouds Ahead!


So the sky the other day where I live looked absolutely GORGEOUS! There was nothing but blue skies and beautiful white fluffy clouds. I couldn't help but recreate them on my nails. So that's where this design came from. :) The sky!


There are a lot of cloud nail art designs out there on the internet, but I always get so irritated because they are all just solid blue nails with solid white clouds. They don't compensate for the dimension in the sky and clouds. So I decided that I would try to make mine a little more realistic than just the plain blue and white that most people do.



(Just for the record... The sky in these pictures WERE NOT photoshopped... This was the actual sky and I just held my hand up really high to take the pictures!)


I sponged a light blue onto all my nails and then sponged a darker blue on the top half of my nail because the sky does become a darker blue as you look higher up. And for the clouds I started off with solid white and applied them with a really large dotting tool, and then I added dimension using a super light dark gray and a paint brush. If you've ever actually taken the time to look at the clouds on a really nice day, they aren't solid white. They usually have some gray in them near the bottom.


I really like how these came out! I seriously just couldn't resist putting clouds and blue skies on my nails after having a beautiful day like the one we had a few days ago! So if you're ever feeling down try putting some blue skies and clouds on your nails. It may cheer you up. :)


Give these a try using my step by step video tutorial below!





12 comments:

  1. Looks so pretty! well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are cute! would you mind checking out my blog? I'm trying out a new layout and need feedback: everythingkonad.blogspot.com

    oh, and i think how you have it right now looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I checked out your blog, your layout seems distracting with the background choice and it seems very dark. This is just my opinion, but maybe a different background and some brighter colors would help. I hope this helps!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. thanks! i did a bit of editing and i'm pretty happy with how it turned out! there's a new address though, girlsheartnailart.blogspot.com
      check it out if you want!

      Delete
    4. It looks MUCH better! Good job!

      Delete
    5. thanks so much! i just felt like i needed more than just my opinion, ya know? and i absolutely love the collage at the header!

      Delete
  3. Very pretty! Do you use nail polish or acrylic paints or another paints?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I used acrylic paint for this design. I usually use acrylic paint for nail art, but I also use nail polish for the art as well. It all depends on what kind of design I'm doing.

      Delete

Please make sure you are commenting via Disqus. It's much easier for me to respond to comments that way, and it gives you more options to sign in and leave comments. If you aren't commenting via Disqus you may not get a response. Thank you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...