Friday, July 13, 2012

Spoiled Ants In My Pants Dupe of Deborah Lippmann's Ruby Red Slippers

Please excuse the messy cuticles in this picture. I totally forgot to clean up, but this was such a good shot of the glitter.
No... I know what you were thinking... Why does she have spoiled ants in her pants? You silly readers, it's the name of this polish I picked up the other day! This is by Spoiled by Wet n Wild and the name is Ants In My Pants. I totally laughed out loud pretty obnoxiously when I read the name and then everyone looked at me like I was insane. I feel like people do that a lot.. Oh well! If I'm known as the crazy nail polish chick that's completely okay. I could be called something worse.
This polish is a black jelly base with red glitter. It has large and small hex glitter. It's quite a lovely combination actually. At first I wasn't sure about it, but then I carried it around with me while I looked at other things and it grew on me. I came to the conclusion that I must own this because it is pretty original. How often do you see black polish with red glitter? 

But hey hey hey! Guess what! This is a dupe! To be exact, it's a dupe of Deborah Lippman's Ruby Red Slippers. I don't own any DL polishes but from other swatches online, Ants In My Pants is a serious dead on dupe. No joke, go see for yourselves. I payed $1.99 for this polish at CVS. DL polishes are usually around $18 or more. A total steal. Go get a bottle and save yourself tons of money.
The formula for this polish is really nice actually. The black jelly base is a little on the sheer side, but that's typical for a jelly. It's almost a dark grey instead of black, but with more than one coat it's black. So unless you're only going to use one coat, I would just ignore the fact that it's sheer. The glitter stays within the jelly and doesn't drag with the brush which is a super plus! I have 2 coats on in all of the pictures and I don't have top coat on. Trust me... top coat makes it a million times better! I just try not to put top coat on for swatches because I want you all to see what it's like without it. Bare naked polishes baby!! Is that a weird phrase for what I'm implying? Oh well.
Check out my video swatch below!



3 comments:

  1. Hey, I went to look at the swatches for the DL Ruby Slippers, and I have to say, your wet and wild version is alot nicer looking!! Woot!!! Cheap polishes!! Might just have to go get this one myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an awesome polish! Totally worth having since it's a fantastic dupe!

      Delete
  2. Yes glitter is a pain to remove but look so cool

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure you are commenting via Disqus. It's much easier for me to respond to comments that way, and it gives you more options to sign in and leave comments. If you aren't commenting via Disqus you may not get a response. Thank you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...