Friday, July 6, 2012

Neon Lasers


Hello crazy nails! These are something I should wear to a rave. HA! Who am I trying to kid? I don't party. My partying stops at holiday festivities and birthdays. If I wear these nails though, people will think I'm a party animal! I wanted something neon, but I didn't want my whole nail to be neon. This is what I came up with.
The base color for these nails is Skyscraper by China Glaze. A really nice sparkly navy blue. When that dried I took a tiny paint brush and some white acrylic paint and started making lines all over that made an irregular triangle pattern. I used the white because it helped the neon colors stand out 100 times better.

The neon colors I used all came from the China Glaze Poolside collection. Yellow Polka Dot Bikini, Sun Worshiper, Kiwi Cool-Ada, Towel Boy Toy, and Pool Party. I also used Sinful Colors Dream On because I wanted a neon purple to go along with all of the other neon goodness. I used a tiny paint brush and just went right over the white lines making each one a different color.

As always I used a top coat to keep my design long lasting. Even though I only wear it for a day or two. I always use Out The Door.
If you want to learn how to do these nails yourself you can watch my video tutorial below.

5 comments:

  1. I'm the same, the party only happens on my nails, not in reality :P these look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha. I'm glad I'm not the only one!! Thank you! :)

      Delete
    2. You are definitely not the only one!! Nails are where my party ends too! :) Its an expensive addiction, but if you think about it, in the long run, we are totally saving money! :D Nail polish bottles last a lot longer than a can of beer! :D

      Delete
    3. Exactly! I'd rather have a nail polish addiction over an alcohol addiction anyday. I'm not old enough to legally drink yet, but even if I was I'd still spend my money on nail polish before anything else. :)

      Delete
  2. Love this! New follower, great designs!

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure you are commenting via Disqus. It's much easier for me to respond to comments that way, and it gives you more options to sign in and leave comments. If you aren't commenting via Disqus you may not get a response. Thank you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...