Monday, July 2, 2012

China Glaze Poolside Collection Summer 2010

Alright, so I know I'm way late with posting these.. but my boyfriend got me the China Glaze Poolside collection and I love them! They are so bright!

Poolside Collection Summer 2010

Before I get into this... I have a few things to say. These pictures are the closest I could get to accuracy. You all have seen neon nail polishes before and you know how bright they are. It's extremely hard to capture a neon on camera so the best way to experience the colors is just to see them in person.

This super bright neon hot pink is Pool Party. This is a gorgeous hot pink leaning red and it applied pretty smooth. I didn't have too much of a problem applying this one. It has a matte finish and I think this is one of my favorites from the collection.




 This gorgeous orange is Sun Worshiper. I had such a hard time with this polish! It was terribly streaky and even after 4 coats I could still see my nail through it. I figured out that if you apply really really thick coats of it and gentry move it around the nail it helps a little. It's such a shame because this would have been my absolute favorite of the collection if it wouldn't have been for the formula. This polish also dries matte.


This is Yellow Polka Dot Bikini. Yes! Highlighter yellow! This polish literally looks like they just squeezed a highlighter into a bottle. The color is perfect. The formula you ask? UGH! It's worse than Sun Worshiper! Even after 4 coats I feel like I could have put on about 4 more. Once again, I used the thick layer method and it helped a little but it was still an absolute pain. This polish is also matte.


This is also one of my favorites of this collection. This is Kiwi Cool-Ada. Such a cute name! This is literally the brightest neon green polish I have ever seen in my life. There is no way people can miss your nails if you're wearing this. The formula for this polish is so much better than Sun Worshiper and Yellow Polka Dot Bikini, but it still is a tiny bit streaky. It's way easier to handle though if you use thick coats. You can pull of 3 coats if you don't long nails, but if you do have long nails, you may need 4 coats to cover the whites of your nails. This polish, once again, is matte also.


Oh yes. Towel Boy Toy. Such a beautiful shimmery neon blue. This is really sheer. A lot more sheer than what I was expecting. With that said, I could get full coverage with only 3 coats. Other than being sheer, this polish isn't streaky and was extremely easy to apply. Thank goodness considering all of the other polishes were a giant pain in my butt. This dries almost matte, but has a hint of shine, almost satiny.


 And last, but certainly not least, here I give you Flip Flop Fantasy. It is a really pretty neon light pink. For the life of me, I couldn't get this color to photograph even slightly close to the actual color. To my surprise this went on a lot smoother than what I expected. It wasn't streaky and I only needed 3 coats. This also dries only partially matte, it still has a little shine to it once it is dry.


If I had to recommend what polishes to get from this collection, I would tell you to get Pool Party, Kiwi Cool-Ada, Towel Boy Toy, and Flip Flop Fantasy. If you don't want to buy the whole collection I would highly suggest passing on the Yellow Polka Dot Bikini and Sun Worshiper. They are just a huge hassle to apply and still look really streaky if you don't apply a million coats. I still love the whole collection though, and even though I own it a few years late... That won't change my mind about wearing them!

You can purchase your own China Glaze Poolside Collection here!

1 comment:

  1. omg, i love the neon blue, i'm searching a kind of neon blue so bad,but NO china glaze in this country.. :(

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure you are commenting via Disqus. It's much easier for me to respond to comments that way, and it gives you more options to sign in and leave comments. If you aren't commenting via Disqus you may not get a response. Thank you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...