Sunday, June 10, 2012

Retro Vintage Floral

After much debate... I decided to enter a nail art contest. The contest is being held by ArcadiaNailArt on YouTube. The theme of the contest is Retro/Vintage. This is what scared me a little. I'm not a huge fan of this topic and I'm not very familiar with it. Instead of running for the hills, I decided to challenge myself. So this is what I came up with.



I got my inspiration from THIS pattern that I found on google. There were a couple different categories for the contest, but I entered mine into the "complicated" category. Think I made the right choice? I hope so!




It took me about 25 minutes for just one nail. So these nails took me over an hour to do. It's a good thing I only did one hand! If I did both hands I would have been doing my nails all day. That doesn't sound like a bad idea though. ;)


For these nails I used Sinful Colors Snow Me White as the base color. For the floral pattern I mixed my own colors of acrylic paint using orange, yellow, red, and black. I used a super small paint brush and a dotting tool to do the whole design.


I'm not even going to attempt to explain how I did the pattern. I would suggest just watching my video.



Here is my video entry for the contest.



4 comments:

  1. Just found your blog (and tumblr, weheartit, youtube etc) and think you're awesome! This design is absolutely incredible, so detailed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I just checked out your Tumblr and I love all your designs! They're amazing!

      Delete
    2. You're welcome! I love your stuff!

      Delete

Please make sure you are commenting via Disqus. It's much easier for me to respond to comments that way, and it gives you more options to sign in and leave comments. If you aren't commenting via Disqus you may not get a response. Thank you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...