Thursday, February 6, 2014

China Glaze Sea Goddess Collection Swatches Spring 2014


Hey everybody! I have an awesome new nail polish collection from China Glaze to share with you! I haven't seen too many people swatch these polishes yet, so I think I got my hands on them relatively early. This is the Sea Goddess collection. It's China Glaze's spring 2014 collection. Every polish is textured, which I usually hate, but I was actually pretty pleased with these! This post is picture heavy. Just a warning!


This is Sand Dolla Make You Holla. I love the name of this one! This is a white textured polish with small blue, green, pink, gold, and silver glitter in it. This was a pain in my butt to apply. It was pretty sheer, really thick, and patchy. I definitely think I'll wear a white polish underneath this next time. However, I absolutely love the way it looks! Even though it's not fun to apply I will absolutely be wearing this polish again! It even looks great with top coat! I have 4 coats of this on my nails in the photos below. 






Wish On A Starfish is a pink textured polish with gold shimmer. This is absolutely beautiful! Especially with top coat! I didn't have any problems applying this one and I have 3 coats on my nails in the photos below. You could get away with 2, but it might be a little patchy.





Shell We Dance? is a medium pink textured polish with some small darker pink glitter. This one was super easy to apply! In all of the photos I have 2 coats on my nails. Shell We Dance? is also really pretty with top coat.





Tail Me Something is an unbelievably pretty purple glitter texture. It's so sparkly and shiny without a top coat and it's even shinier with top coat. This one was also a breeze to apply. I had no problems at all. I used 2 coats in the photos below.





Seahorsin' Around is very similar to Tail Me Something, but it's a gorgeous blue! This polish is so bright! You honestly need to see it in person because pictures do this color no justice at all. This one was also really easy to apply. I have 2 coats in all of the photos below.





Last but definitely not least is Teal The Tide Turns. This is more of a mint green than a teal to me. It's a mint green with dark green (teal?) glitters. I absolutely love this one! I love the texture it dried to, the color is fabulous, and it looks amazing with top coat! It almost reminds me of mint chocolate chip ice cream. My only complaint is the application. It was a little difficult. When applying it, it looks really ugly at first. It looks chunky and weird and it a little patchy, but once you get it evened out and it dries it looks great. In my opinion at least... I have 3 coats on in the photos below. 





Overall, I really love this collection and I'm surprised I'm saying that because I'm not a huge fan of textured polishes. If you're like me and you're not a fan of textured polishes then you can still wear these with top coat and they look amazing! I can definitely say that there are going to be a ton of people who hate this collection. Some of the polishes are stubborn, but I personally think they're worth the extra few minutes to apply. 

If you take the applications out of the picture then my favorites from the collection are Sand Dolla Make You Holla, Wish On A Starfish, and Teal The Tide Turns. 

I ordered these online from 8ty8beauty.

4 comments:

  1. Stephanie LovestruckLacquerFebruary 6, 2014 at 3:57 PM

    Pretty textures! My favorite is sand dolla make you holla... it looks like frosting! Super cute :) too bad about the formula... I don't have any one coater white polishes so even with undies it would end up being 4 coats although maybe not as thick I guess... great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish On A Starfish is gorgeous with topcoat! What do you think of the new CG Flourish collection? Do you think you'll get that? A lot was similar to Avant garden

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacy Plowman-PennockFebruary 8, 2014 at 4:52 PM

    Maybe a couple drops of thinner would help?
    The Lime Crimes are nice, especially Milky Ways, it's almost a one coater. When My Vampire Is Buff came out and all the bloggers went ballistic I figured it would be a good substitute for Milky Ways and more readily available but I was sadly let down, Milky Ways beats it hands down! Keep checking back, they are worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aah all of these are incredibly beautiful :) I would have a real hard time choosing one or two of these :)

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure you are commenting via Disqus. It's much easier for me to respond to comments that way, and it gives you more options to sign in and leave comments. If you aren't commenting via Disqus you may not get a response. Thank you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...