Sunday, March 10, 2013

Born Pretty Store Review: Gold and Silver Micro Beads and Beaded Nail Art


Hey everyone! I have another review from Born Pretty Store to share with you! This review is for a wheel of silver and gold micro beads! You can find this product HERE in the store.


This wheel of gold and silver steel micro beads is $4.17, but if you use my discount code GDL91 when you check out you can receive 10% off your purchase!




The beads come in the standard white rhinestone wheels that have 12 different slots and rotating top that allows you to get into one slot at a time. Half of the wheel is filled with gold beads, and the other half is filled with silver beads. I can't say exactly how many beads you get, but I can definitely tell you that there are a ton in this little wheel.



The beads are very tiny and can sometimes be difficult to pick up so you will definitely need some sort of small dotting or even a toothpick covered in clear polish in order to pick them up easily.


To get the beads to stay on your nails you will have to put down some top coat so they have something to stick to. 



In the nail design that I show here in this post, I only used the silver beads because I thought they looked the best with black. I did give the gold ones a try, and they were identical to the silver ones. The gold beads also didn't bleed any color when applying top coat, just in case anyone was wondering.

The black polish that I have on my nails is Wet 'N Wild Wild Shine in Black Creme and the top coat I used is Out The Door by inm.



My thumb was probably my favorite pattern I did on my nails. It's simple, but is super cute! I think so at least.


Overall, I really like these micro beads! But... (Don't you hate when there is a but?) When I took these off to change my polish, I noticed that they stained my nails. Wherever the beads were pushed down into the polish and touching my nail, they left a tiny little yellowish brown spot. It wasn't super noticeable, but it was an annoyance. I even tried to buff it away, and remove it with some baking soda, toothpaste, peroxide.. Nothing would make it go away.

With that said, it won't keep me from using them. I think they look fantastic! It could have been because I used black polish, I'm not entirely sure.

I definitely recommend these if you are looking for some micro beads to use in nail art. They are a great price and I like how they are in the rhinestone wheel so they are easier to store.

I hope everyone had a great weekend! :)

5 comments:

  1. Hi dear ! I like this design very vey much !!! So so beautiful !! !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I love your middle finger best! Such cool designs...shame about the staining though :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that you made a checker board on your middle finger!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I no way shape or form have that sort of patience but that looks very cool, particularly the middle finger

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure you are commenting via Disqus. It's much easier for me to respond to comments that way, and it gives you more options to sign in and leave comments. If you aren't commenting via Disqus you may not get a response. Thank you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...