Saturday, December 1, 2012

Polka Dotted Stripes Nail Art


I am in love with these! They are so stinkin' bright and fun. They also feature polishes from the new Cirque du Soleil Collection by China Glaze. 

Make sure you click "Read More" below to see more photos and read the rest 
of the post!





I was planning on only doing a design with stripes, but I thought, "Meh... plain stripes are boring!" So I decided to do polka dot stripes. Still stripes, but not as boring. I'm not going to lie, this is probably my favorite design that I have done thus far.


I started with White On by Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear as my base. Then I took some striping tape to make four sections on my nail. The striping tape is what helped me to keep all of the lines straight. If I just took the dotting tool and starting doing the stripes without it they would have been madness. I used multiple sizes of dotting tools so all the polka dots were different sizes throughout the stripe. 

The polishes I used for the dots are all from the new Cirque du Soleil Collection by China Glaze. The pink is Escaping Reality. The green is Def Defying. The blue is Hanging In The Balance. And last but not least, the purple is Creative Fantasy. They're are gorgeously bright and they go together so well.


The best thing about this design is that it's SUPER easy and it doesn't take long to do at all. I have a feeling this won't be the last "dotticure" you'll be seeing from me.

Don't forget to follow me on Instagram! (and twitter) Both are @packapunchnails . There are pictures that I post there that I don't post here on my blog, and a lot of times I will post swatches WAY before I get them up here (not always, but most of the time). So if you want a nice preview of the swatches and nail art to come definitely follow me there if you have an Instagram. :)


Want to give this design a try? It's really easy! I promise!


Products Used:


12 comments:

Please make sure you are commenting via Disqus. It's much easier for me to respond to comments that way, and it gives you more options to sign in and leave comments. If you aren't commenting via Disqus you may not get a response. Thank you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...