Monday, November 5, 2012

Gradient and Glitter Ruffian


I have an usual combo today! A glitter and gradient ruffian manicure! I decided to use fall colors and I absolutely love the way this turned out! This was so hard to photograph because the glitter almost over powers the gradient. I only had one or two photos that actually came out well. I'll include my Instagram photo below as well because I took that with my iPhone and it came out pretty good!

I started with one thin coat of China Glaze Kalahari Kiss so I would have a base to sponge on so I didn't have any bare spots.

Then I took a small piece of a sponge and I sponged on some China Glaze Desert Sun vertically so it covered half of my nail. Then I did the same thing with the Kalahari Kiss so it blended together so it made a nice little gradient that would be peeping out from underneath the glitter! 

The glitter I used is China Glaze I Herd That. I had to use two coats of it for it to be opaque over the gradient. Which is super impressive. I've been loving the opaque fine glitters China Glaze has been releasing lately!

Then I used Butter London's Hardwear P.D. Quick Top Coat to finish it all off.

Overall, I LOVE the fall colors and I'm really digging this whole gradient and glitter ruffian look. I know ruffian manicures were so 5 months ago.. but I really don't care. If I like it, I'm going to wear it. :) No shame here!


You can give this a try by watching my tutorial!

Products Used:




4 comments:

  1. I'm wondering if I Herd That is the same as Glitter Goblin. I have Glitter Goblin but not the other. They look identical!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't own Glitter Goblin, but I know that the glitter is quite a bit bigger. I Herd That is very fine glitter. :) They're completely different.

      Delete

Please make sure you are commenting via Disqus. It's much easier for me to respond to comments that way, and it gives you more options to sign in and leave comments. If you aren't commenting via Disqus you may not get a response. Thank you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...