Friday, November 23, 2012

Disco Squares and Glitter

Are you ready to go dancing? Disco dancing? I'm not, but that's what these nails remind of! Disco squares and disco balls.


Make sure you click "Read More" below to read the rest of this post!



I'm definitely the last person you'll ever see on a dance floor. It's not that I don't enjoy dancing, I just have a personal space problem and usually when you hit the dance floor all personal space boundaries are voided. Anyway, this is just a random design that I thought of and I really like the way it came out!


On my index finger I have China Glaze Pizzazz. It's a multicolored glitter from the Holiday Joy Collection. Pizzazz is also the glitter that I used to do the gradient on my pinky and thumb. The blue I used underneath the glitter gradient on my thumb and pinky is China Glaze Flyin' High which is a nice medium blue that is part of the Up and Away Collection. My middle and ring fingers have a base of China Glaze Kinetic Candy. It's a very light blue from the Electropop Collection.

The squares were made using striping tape. I made a checkerboard pattern and then filled in some random squares while leaving some of them open. The striping tape made them line up really nicely and it also gave them a cleaner line than if I was to hand paint them. The purple is China Glaze Grape Pop from the Up and Away Collection. It's a really nice dark purple. The blue is Flyin' High which is the same thing that's on my thumb and pinky. The pink is China Glaze Sugar High which is also part of the Up and Away Collection and it's a nice medium pink.


My camera was having a problem with the glitter. It didn't matter if I auto focused, or manual focused... It just wasn't having it.



Want to learn how to do this yourself? Watch the tutorial! 



Products Used:



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...