Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Witch Stockings and Shoes Halloween Nail Art


I have another Halloween design for you today! Witch stockings and witch shoes. How cute are these? Boooo, I got some streaking from my top coat though. I hate when that happens. I thought it would be super cute to make the stockings matte and have the shoes be shiny, but then I realized not everyone likes the matte look, so I also put top coat over the whole nail because it looks great both ways!

I started out with a base of Essie's Armed and Ready. It's a nice greyed out green with some gold shimmer. Then I applied some striping tape to get some even lines and filled them in with Halloween colors. The orange is Essie's Brazilliant, the green is China Glaze's Kiwi Cool-ada and the purple is Sinful Colors Let's Talk. For the above picture with the matte stockings I used Butter London's matte topcoat. Then I added the shoes using Sinful Colors Black on Black. It's honestly one of my favorite blacks. It's a nice thick one coater. It's cheap and it's awesome. Whenever I think of witches I always see buckles on their shoes and belts so I thought it would be cute to add a glitter buckle using China Glaze's I'm Not Lion.

These are a change of pace from my recent Halloween nails. I thought I should do something cute this time instead. I really hope you enjoy it! I personally love these. If you don't want to dress up yourself as a witch this year, you can at least dress up your nails as some! 


Want to try this design yourself? Here's how!


18 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love these! So cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so cute! I actually like the matte and shiny look combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute !!!! LOVE LOVE it !!! Just watched the tutorial too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously: WOW!! This is such a fantstic Halloween concept and I LOVELOVELOVE the matte tights version!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I prefer the matte version as well. :)

      Delete
  5. Very creative! The matte + shiny looks fantastic. Will have to try it myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'd love to see it if you give it a try!

      Delete
  6. Cutest one of these I have seen...you are so patient doing videos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, it takes quite a bit of time to make videos, but they are fun to do. :)

      Delete

Please make sure you are commenting via Disqus. It's much easier for me to respond to comments that way, and it gives you more options to sign in and leave comments. If you aren't commenting via Disqus you may not get a response. Thank you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...