Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Ombre Nail Set in Graffiti by The New Black


Hello everyone! I hope all of you are safe from Sandy! I live on the east coast in PA, so I unfortunately had to deal with it. That's also the reason why I've been lacking in posts. It's so dark and dreary outside and inside that I can't even take photos! Anyway... I have a little nail set to show you today! It's by The New Black and this set is called Graffiti. I recently won a nail art contest held by Chalkboard Nails and The New Black sponsored the prizes for the contest so I got to choose 3 nail polish sets. This is one of them! I've had them for a while, but I didn't have time to give them so I finally did!


The set comes with five little polishes. I believe they are .125 fl oz. That's pretty tiny, but since you are only using each of them on one nail on each hand, they should last a decent amount of time! They come nicely packaged in a little plastic container which I forgot to photograph. Whoops! The five polishes in this set are so pretty! 

In the photo above from left to right there is a solid cream black. This black is so opaque! One coat is all you need. 

Then there is a jelly black with silver glitter. I love this one as well because the silver glitter stands out against the black so good.

The center polish is absolutely AMAZING! It's a grey based polish with silver, blue, and purple-y pink shimmer. I was so sad when I saw it because I wish they had it in a bigger bottle... BUT GUESS WHAT! I ordered China Glaze Immortal from the Halloween Wicked collection and it's almost identical! I didn't even try it, but was super surprised when it came and I realized it was pretty much the same. 

Then there is a metallic foil like silver.

And the last one is a standard silver glitter with a clear base.


I only had to apply two coats for them to be fully opaque, with the exception of the solid cream black, that one only needed one coat. I also applied a layer of top coat to these. Overall these polishes are absolutely awesome. I think the ombre effect for this kit is so unique because of the glitters and shimmers.


I made a little video about these that you can check out as well!



2 comments:

  1. I love this! It's so classy with the black, grey and silver.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too! The glitters and shimmers give it such a nice look compared to all cream polishes.

      Delete

Please make sure you are commenting via Disqus. It's much easier for me to respond to comments that way, and it gives you more options to sign in and leave comments. If you aren't commenting via Disqus you may not get a response. Thank you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...