Thursday, August 2, 2012

Easy DIY Prom Nail Art


I was asked on Instagram and YouTube to do a prom design. I never went to prom while I was in high school, so I don't know how crazy it gets when getting ready. I have been to homecoming many times though, and I know that getting ready for that can be stressful, so I can only imagine that prom is 10 times more hectic. I wanted to do something that was simple, but I also wanted to do something that doesn't distract from the beautiful dresses that everyone will be wearing. This is what I came up with!

It's really quick and easy. For the base I used Sinful Colors Social Ladder. It's a sheer shimmery white with a slight pink shine. Then I took a regular kitchen sponge and sponged on China Glaze Pool Party in one corner and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White On in the opposite corner. Of course, everyone doing this for prom should use colors that match their dress. This doesn't have to be just for prom though, you can wear it any day of the year! It's very versatile! 

Then I just used a dotting tool and put a line of dots between the sponged areas.

If you want to learn how to do this easy design yourself, check out my tutorial below!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please make sure you are commenting via Disqus. It's much easier for me to respond to comments that way, and it gives you more options to sign in and leave comments. If you aren't commenting via Disqus you may not get a response. Thank you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...