Friday, July 27, 2012

Colorful Film Strip Nail Art


Last night while I was laying in bed watching netflix, I came up with a genius idea to do film strip nails. When I got up this morning to do them I was a little stumped on what to put inside them. I didn't like the plain film strips with nothing inside of them. They were too boring for me. I love me some color! So I decided that a colorful gradient would look awesome inside of these! And of course I had to add some glitter to spice it up a little more!


The white base for these nails is Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White On. Everything else was done with acrylic paint. I love acrylic paint. It is seriously so much easier than polish when it comes to fine details when working with nail art. Of course you can always use regular polish! Acrylic paint is so cheap though, and you can mix any color that you want. It's my favorite. The glitter that I put over the gradient inside the film strips is China Glaze Fairy Dust. A super gorgeous, super fine holographic glitter.


You can learn how to do this design by watching my tutorial below!


8 comments:

  1. Does the acrylic paint come off you nails with just some nail polish remover?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! It comes off just like nail polish, if not easier than polish. Just make sure you use nail polish underneath the acrylic paint and make sure you use top coat over it or it won't stay on your nail.

      Delete
    2. Ok thanks! I want a good black and white color that I can use for designs that's opaque and these seem great for. Where do you buy yours from?

      Delete
    3. Yes, white and black acrylic paint is very opaque and perfect for designs. I purchase mine at Walmart and they are usually priced around $1.

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much! It would be great to see a paisley design done by you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! :) I'll add that to my list! I've been planning on doing one.

      Delete

Please make sure you are commenting via Disqus. It's much easier for me to respond to comments that way, and it gives you more options to sign in and leave comments. If you aren't commenting via Disqus you may not get a response. Thank you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...