Thursday, September 13, 2012

Peacock Nails


You guys... There's a bird on my hand. Recently many people have been fascinated with peacock feathers. I understand why though because they are absolutely gorgeous. Many people often do nail art with just the feathers, but I wanted to include the actual bird. I mean, the bird IS the reason why the feathers exist, so I wanted it to be the center point of my nails. 

I used a ton of polishes for this nail art. First I used Sinful Colors Tokyo Pearl as the pearly white base. It's kind of hard to see but the pearl definitely brings out a majestic feeling rather than just using a harsh solid white. For the peacocks body I used Funky Fingers Volts. The gold is Pure Ice Jaguar. The dark green is Avon Olive Green. The teal is Sinful Colors Rise and Shine. And the purple is Sinful Colors Let's Talk. The only places I used acrylic paint was the beak, the face, and his legs. I used mostly dotting tools and a small and medium sized paint brush.  

I didn't want it to be exactly like the actual bird, I wanted it to be very similar, but I wanted it to have a little bit of an abstract look with the feathers. Peacock feathers are also pretty difficult to make them look realistic on your nails and that's another reason why I didn't want them to be exact replicas of a feather. 

I really like how they turned out. I think it's a good mixture of realistic and abstract. If you've never had the chance to see a peacock in person, I highly recommend going to a zoo that has one because they are amazingly beautiful creatures. If you haven't seen one you really are missing out. They are so majestic looking.


Check out the video tutorial below!


4 comments:

Please make sure you are commenting via Disqus. It's much easier for me to respond to comments that way, and it gives you more options to sign in and leave comments. If you aren't commenting via Disqus you may not get a response. Thank you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...