Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Joshik Polish Swatches & Review



Hello blog readers! Today I have some polishes from Joshik to share with you. These were sent to me for free for review! I was excited to review these polishes because they are vegan, 5 free, and non-toxic, which means they are safe for children and pregnant women. They also have a UV inhibitor which will keep them from fading from the sun. I feel like vegan nail polish options are pretty limited. I wouldn't know because I'm personally not vegan, but I'd imagine they'd be hard to find. These polishes are $12 a bottle and can be purchased at http://joshikpolish.storenvy.com

I want to point out that lately I haven't been happy with the quality of my photos. I recently got new lights and I'm still trying to figure out what works best for photos within my camera settings. I believe I need a new lens because I have to do quite a bit of sharpening to my photos. My lens just isn't picking up the fine details in certain photos that I want it to. Looks like I'm saving for a macro lens! I used to be really into macro photography, and I'll be honest, I miss it. It will be nice to have a macro in my lens stash. 

ANYWAY! Let's get into these swatches.

Believe is a light grey cream. I have 3 coats without top coat in the photo below. The formula is really great and super smooth. I applied my coats pretty thin at first, so I definitely think you can get away with 2 coats, but I'm picky and like to make sure everything is even.


Dynamite is a blackish, greyish based polish with silver and holographic shimmer. This one is awesome! It's sheer on the first coat which gives it a really cool smokey effect. I have 3 coats without top coat on my nails in the photos below. The formula is really smooth and easy to apply. The holographic shimmer can be hard to see unless you are in direct sunlight, but since there is also silver shimmer, it still looks great in every light. I really like this one! Especially for the smokey effect you can get with only one coat. I should have taken a photo of it, but you can see that in my swatch video below.




Groovy is a medium purple cream. I really like this one! The formula is fantastic. It's super smooth and it makes the application incredibly easy. probably one of the easiest polishes to apply ever. I have 2 coats on in the photo below without top coat.


Luxe is a dark purple cream with blue undertones. This one is also really awesome! I have 2 coats  on my nails without top coat in the photo below. I love dark polishes like this. Again, broken record, the formula is super smooth and ridiculously easy to apply.



Overall, I really like these polishes! I'm so impressed with the formulas. They are some of the smoothest polishes I've ever applied. The creams have a slightly thicker formula which I really like. They're really shiny without top coat, and the wear time is on par if not better than some of the bigger brands.

If you want to see how these polishes apply, feel free to check out my swatch video below! I hope everyone has a great week!

(PS, It's carnival week in my town. I'm gonna go load myself up with funnel cake and play terrible carnival games. YAY!)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please make sure you are commenting via Disqus. It's much easier for me to respond to comments that way, and it gives you more options to sign in and leave comments. If you aren't commenting via Disqus you may not get a response. Thank you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...