Friday, October 5, 2012

Gradient Candy Stripes



What do you do when you're torn between stripes and a gradient? You combine them! I absolutely LOVE these! These are fun and colorful and I just can't let go of summery bright colors to transition into darker fall colors. I can't do it!


I started with a base of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in White On because that's the color I wanted my stripes to be. Then I cut up a bunch of strips of striping tape and started putting them all on. Much to my dismay I realized that I accidentally put the striping tape in the wrong direction while doing the second nail. Surprisingly, after seeing it, I decided to keep it and alternated each nail. Then that got me thinking to alternate colors!

If you are wondering where to get striping tape you can easily find it on Amazon extremely cheap and that's where I purchased mine. The exact ones that I purchased can be found here.


I used acrylic paint and a sponge for all the colors in the gradient just because they were already sitting out and I didn't feel like searching for specific polishes. I guess you could say today was a lazy day since I haven't been feeling the greatest. Nail polish works the same way if you don't have acrylic paint!


Learn how to do this yourself with my video tutorial!


10 comments:

  1. I have a really hard time putting away my neons after summer too! an easy way to combine summer and fall is by using any shade of grey (medium greys work best) and pairing it with a bright design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love this!!!! <3 May have to recreate this some day! Pinned. ~now clicks away to look at all your other beautiful designs~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! I LOVE this mani!!! I live in Michigan and I hate the cold weather so I'm in autumn denial right now, your bright, summery manicure is refreshing in a sea of fall inspired looks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It hasn't been too cold in PA yet, but it's getting colder by the day and I'm not liking it! I refuse to give up my summer colors!

      Delete
  4. I love this! This is quite lovely~

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure you are commenting via Disqus. It's much easier for me to respond to comments that way, and it gives you more options to sign in and leave comments. If you aren't commenting via Disqus you may not get a response. Thank you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...